Eight facts about the new FAANTaxi App
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) recently inaugurated its TaxiApp for booking trips and the initiative is starting with the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (NAIA), Abuja.
Here are eight facts that you need to know about the app:
1. The FAAN App can be accessed on Google Play Store
2. The App is only available for trips that have either the pickup or drop off location at the airport.
3. For users who do not wish to have the App on their mobile devices, rides can be booked at the arrival lounge in the domestic arrival terminal while those who wish to schedule rides in advance have the option of doing so on the App.
4. Users are required to provide details in order to secure their account on FAANTaxi. Once an account has been created for the user, access to the features and services provided by FAANTaxi is granted.
5. Users are given options of standard or executive cars while estimated price and details of driver will be provided.
6. Details of driver including name as well as phone numbers, number plates of vehicle model to be provided.
7. FAANTaxi has a tracking system which would be updated in due time to include trip progress and whether completed or not.
8. All taxi operators at the airport are to be registered on FAANTaxi and passengers will call the drivers using the app thus eliminating touting.